Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday's Faces from the Past - California 1949


This photo is from a box of photos that my Mom received in the mail from her brother.  Most of the photos are of unidentified relatives. These photos would be my Mom's parents photos.  Since a lot of them have Finnish on the back, I would assume her father's side.  Her father was Fridjof Jaakko Waldemar Makie.  His parents Jaakko Makie and Carolina Waara (Honkawaara).  For more information on my Finnish Roots, please see my post on June 18, 2011.



I put the words into Google translator and came up with this.  
This is the same place for swimming mom tossed my cast, that if I got cold
This was january 30, 1949. California
Some of it makes sense, but my cast?

1 comment:

  1. End of letter: "Mother touches my head to know if I feel cold." Apropos, this is send by your dna-cousin Jari Sedergren. You can send me a e-mail/note through Family Tree.

    ReplyDelete