Saturday, May 7, 2011

Surname Saturday - LANDERS


This is the surname of my great grandmother on my Mom’s side.  My grandmother was Bessie Landers born August 2, 1888 in Keithsburg, Mercer County, Illinois.  She married Donald Belknap in South Dakota in 1910, and followed him to Alberta, Canada. Bessie passed away January 27, 1947 in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The Landers line has been interesting researching as I’ve found quite a few cousins researching this same line. 

My line going back from Bessie Landers : James Robert Landers + Angeline H Littrell, John William Landers + Mary Angeline Humbert, Robert Henry Landers + Hannah Stewart,  Nathaniel Landers + Lucinda Carpenter, Kimbrow Landers + Peggy Branham. 

The line seems to stop at Kimbrow Landers.  No one I’ve been in touch with has any information on Kimbrow’s parents.  Kimbrow Landers was in the American Revolution, enlisting in the 9th and later the 13th Virginia Regiments. The Landers family has been In Virginia, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Nebraska, and Wyoming.   

No comments:

Post a Comment